Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Respek la sama lu!!!

I have an inspiring story to share.. It made me terkagum, terkesima, terkujat, terperanjat, hairan bin ajaib, tabik spring dll.

A friend of mine (we used to be housemates during Uni time) got married a couple of years ago, well before I got married. It was quite a drama actually, which I don't want to elaborate. Suffice to say that she is sharing the Hubby with somebody else. Anyway, dah jodoh kan??? And I refuse to elaborate more..

It used to be that the Hubby was almost always around during the earlier stage of the marriage. It's understandably hard to be here and there, because of logistic problems (one in East Coast and one in KL) Well, when you are sharing, you have to make do, kan? But it's great when you are having the bigger piece of the time!

A baby boy unexpectedly came. Dah rezeki Allah nak bagi, kan? At least my friend got someone else to accompany her. Then, after more than 2 years, suddenly, the Hubby got a job somewhere far away (but nearer to the other party), in another state in the East Coast.

By this time, my friend was expecting her second baby. The Hubby would only come home once a month (again because of logistic). I really admire her courage, though. Raising a toddler (and a boy, also) in a pregnant state, alone. She has a day career also, which is equally as stressing and demanding as raising a toddler while being pregnant!

But, she prevailed! She gave birth to another baby boy in her hometown (also in the East Coast). After the maternity leave was over, she came back to resume her duty here, alone to continue raising her children. Adding to that, she had enrolled for a part-time Masters course in Civil Engineering in a local U which is not quite near her house nor her workplace. The classes are during weekdays after her work session finishes and last until about 8 or 9pm.

I was astounded to hear this from herself (I already got her permission to write about her in my blog, by the way) during our YM session recently. Tu yang segala macam TER as per my opening line for this entry keluar tu..

With my current situation (Hubby is away most of the time, Baby Daniel is getting more active and very demanding, my career stress and demands) I am feeling too overwhelmed already. I don't think I will be able to do a part time course (although I really want to do my Masters). Well, if I do also, it won't give me good results anyway, hence a waste of time. I got my parents and siblings to help me take care of Daniel, but I am very much drained by the time I fall asleep everyday.

But her! I memang tabik spring kat dia. The only thing is, I hope the babies won't be neglected lah...What with the scary babysitters' stories nowadays.. And, I hope she stays well and healthy. With 2 mouths to take care of, she'd better be. And, I do pray that the Hubby would be more responsible (to both families that he has). Anyway, sendiri yang cari pasal, so kenalah adil dan saksama kan?

To SuperY, I really admire your strength! Be strong for yourself and the kids and take the greatest care of the bunch! All the best, buddy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home