Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Adventure of SuperDaniel: The Story Part I

I decided to go to KL by public transports to avoid the traffic. And Nisa somehow warned me about the emerging riots and the road blocks all around KL. So, I took Daniel to the nearest commuter station (walking distance from Mak's temp home), parked my car and proceeded to take out all the things that we will be needing for the trip. Upon reaching the ticket counter, I began to think a hundred times. I needed to climb up 5 steps. I think I can drag the stroller with Daniel up. Problem solved. Another problem rose: Either I take the overhead crossing or cross the railway tracks. I am not willing to risk our lives to cross the tracks, so I needed to climb up the overhead crossing- with the BIG, BULKY stroller and Daniel.

I thought to myself: There was still quite some times until the next train arrive. I could take my time dragging everything up and down the stairs. The train going back will be stopping by this side, so no problem for me later in the evening. OK. Up we go!

I unstrapped baby, climbed up the first flight of stairs, and put him down on the first landing. Asked him to stay put, face the stair handle and hug the beam. He obliged (hehe) so I proceeded downstairs to pick up the stroller. LUCKY US! As I was just about to drag the stroller upstairs, a gentleman KTM staff offered to help me carry the stroller. Alhamdulillah. I couldn't thank him enough. He crossed the tracks carrying the stroller (dia takpela..Memang tempat kerja dia). The other waiting passengers just looked at us with smiles on their faces. I just smiled back (bukan rugi pun), drenched in sweat.

The train came, and we hopped in. I just realized that the commuter is not so disabled-friendly. The floor of the train is much higher than the platform, so it was kinda difficult to get inside if you are using a wheelchair. I never realized this before (how ignorant?). Daniel was quite edgy at first, but he soon fell asleep along the journey.

We arrived in KL Sentral about an hour later. We changed trains and it was quite packed inside the Putra LRT. Daniel was scared the first time we took the LRT a couple of weeks back and refused to sit in his stroller, but this time, he just asked me to hold his hand.

We reached Wangsa Maju Station where Nisa was waiting. Another problem: The elevator was under repair. We needed to take the staircase down. No choice. I unstrapped baby, went down the first flight of stairs, put him down, and asked him to hold a beam. He obliged again- that's Mummy's boy! As I was climbing the stairs to claim the stroller, 3 school girls came to my rescue. Alhamdulillah. They offered to bring down the stroller. Pandai cikgu dan mak bapak kamu ajar kesedaran sivik. Thank you adik-adik!

We proceeded to Melawati, where we had actually wanted to go to a particular bank but it was closed for Friday prayers. So, we had lunch at a nearby restaurant where Daniel refused to sit in the high chair. Finally, at about 1.30pm, we made our way to the Zoo.

Nisa and I were more excited than Daniel inside the Zoo. Daniel pulled off his bored look most of the time (even during the animal shows) and refused to look at the animals. Only the fishes fascinated him. Bought a Zoo t-shirt and shorts for him as a momento.

It was Nisa's and my first visit back to the zoo after a very, very long time. And we thought it lacked something. It was not as what we remembered a long time ago. Maybe it was because there were so many empty cages. We made jokes that the animals were on animal-exchange programs with overseas zoos. Maybe because it looked untidy, not well-kept. Maybe they lacked staffs and volunteers. My nose got so itchy as soon as I entered the premises. It wouldn't go away no matter how much I tried washing my nose etc. The itch diappeared as soon as we were out of the zoo. The verdict: I was allergic to something inside the zoo. But I don't remember having any itch when I visited the Chiang Mai Zoo a while back..Hmmm...

to be continued

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home