Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Sad news

I was driving back from JB last Sunday night and was stuck in a massive traffice jam near Senawang when Eda rang. She sounded as if she was crying. "Dura, aku ada berita tak baik. Mak Ling meninggal petang tadi," she sobbed. I could feel the blood drained from my face and my hands started to shake on the steering. "Kenapa? Sakit ke?" I've never heard Ling said anything about her mum's illness. She was relatively young. "Accident. Kena langgar lori." Astaghfirullah! "Ko tolong la inform kawan-kawan lain ok?" Eda ended the phone call.The rest of the journey home seemed hazy.

Ling has been quite close to me throughout matriculation and university years until today. Although we have drifted apart a bit because of our own commitments for the past couple of years, we have always managed to meet and talk over the phone once in a while. Her dad is also my dad's colleague back in the office years ago. I have met her mum a couple of times and even had a few sleepovers at her mum's house.

The next morning, me and Ina went to ziarah the family. I invited my mum to accompany me and asked my dad to take care of Daniel at the house. Managed to speak to Ling over the phone when she was on the way to pick up the body from Serdang Hospital which conducted the post-mortem since it was a police case and classified as hit-and-run case.Met her there at about 8.30am, accompanied by her dad and a younger sister. It was such a sad day.

When we arrived at the bilik mayat, they haven't done the post mortem yet because they were waiting for the cops to arrive before beginning the procedure. While waiting for the cops to arrive, the Doc let the family to look at the body. Her mum looked just like she was sleeping. It was such a tearful scene. I decided to stay for moral support, although I know nothing that I do will ever be any comfort to the family. It was just as painful when we lost my brother in 2001.

The procedure was completed at about 11.30am, and we followed the kenderaan jenazah of Serdang Hospital back to her kampung in Beranang.

When we arrived there, many people had already gathered in the house to wait for the body. They proceeded with mandi mayat and so on. I had to take a leave shortly after reaching the house as I had to send my mum to her office in Port Klang. But not before hugging and consoling my dear friend whom had just lost someone very dear to her. Couldn't imagine if I was in her place. I am not ready for that yet.

Makcik Maimunah. May Allah bless your soul. May you be placed amongst the faithful people. And may all your good deeds and sacrifices in rising all your 10 children be rewarded by Allah with the greatest rewards. Amiin....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home