Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 08, 2009

How to buy fish in a supermarket?

This happened on the first week I was here in Newark.

Was grocery shopping at a local supermarket in the town and was about to buy a fish. By the way, I don't quite fancy the fishes here..Pelik and rasa semacam hehe...

Anyway, I selected my fish (seabass if I still remember correctly). I lifted the fish with my hand to pass it to the lady to be weighed and packed. She was surprised at my action, but didn't say anything. Then, I saw a washing basin near where she stood, so I went in to wash my hand.

She stopped me immediately and told me that I was not supposed to come into her area. And apparently I was not supposed to touch the fish also. For hygiene purposes, she said. She took a handful of tissue papers and wet them, then passed them to me to wipe my hand, and took back the used tissue.

That was totally a new experience for me...Kalau kat Malaysia, lantak hang la nak pegang ikan ke, nak hanyir ke...hehe...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

grilled mackerel sedapppp... dgn garam kunyit cicah air asam... ehehe.. .and if i remember correctly, they're cheap too! ;)

p.s. blue mackerel rasanya.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger hani said...

hmmm sounds yummy...nanti kene try ni..hehe..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home