Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 10, 2009

My London Adventure Part VI (finale)





At the Emirates Stadium, home of the Arsenal Football Club





We took off from my aunty's house at about 10am that Sunday and took the train to Arsenal, which was only 2 stops away from Turnpike Lane. A game was about to start and there were a lot of stalls selling the team's merchandise. But as I was not a fan, we didn't buy anything. Just took some photos at the majestic stadium and we continued our journey. Our next stop was Covent Garden.

Huge, huge crowds and a lot of acts were there. Again, I felt like I was in Malaysia's Central Market..hehe...















We didn't stay long though, because I still want to go to many other places. We then went to the Embankment. I wanted to take my parents on the river cruise, but they didn't want to go. So, we just sat at the riverbank, enjoying the breeze and the scenery.

After that, we went to Baker Street. I thought we could have lunch there, but we couldn't find the halal restaurant that I was looking for. Walked for a bit at Oxford Circus and then we took the subway back to Bayswater Station for lunch. Well, at least I was confident that we could find many halal restaurants there rather than we wandering around looking for a place to eat in the other places.

By the time we finished our lunch, it was about 4pm already. I had thought of going to Stamford Bridge (home of the Chelsea FC) and Wimbledon, but we were short of time. We did some last minutes souvenir shopping at Bayswater area, and my Mum bought another hand luggage...hehe...

I asked the ticket salesman at the counter whether our passes could take us to Heathrow, and he said no. So, we upgraded the passes (no fuss this time and definitely NO SWEARING) and we headed directly to Heathrow Airport.

By the time we reached there, it was about 7pm and Hubby had already reached there waiting for us with Abah and Mak's luggage. My parents came to the UK with 2 large luggage, and they left UK with 2 large luggage and 4 hand luggage...wakakakaka! I do not know how much would I bring when I return home later..hehehe...

So, they repacked everything so that the checked in luggage wouldn't exceed the 20kg weight limit per person. A lot of other people were also doing this, which made the scene quite funny...hehe..

I helped them checked in and after a few more moments together, it was time for them to depart. Soooo sad!!! My parents had left their last worn clothes for Daniel, in case if he should miss them or having trouble sleeping at nights because of remembering them. So, when my Mum cried before she went into the departure room, I jokingly asked her whether she would need Daniel's 'kain busuk' in case she would miss him later...hehe...

It was a tearful goodbye. We left the airport for Newark at about 9.30pm and reached home at about midnight. My body was aching from the extreme walking for the last 4 days and I couldn't sleep from the maximum exhaustion. Sempat basuh baju dulu and dry them all up before retiring for the night.

What an adventure!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home