Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 09, 2009

My London Adventure Part III

After a few photo shots at the Canary Wharf, we took the subway again, and headed to the Wembley Stadium. It was quite a distance, and by the time we reached there, it was nearly dark and only a handful of people were left in the train. We got stopped at the exit gates. Apparently, the tickets we purchased were not including the rides to the extended zone that Wembley was located. Thank God the lady at the exit let us out. I thought the whole day passes could be used to travel anywhere, but actually there were zones that were covered by a specific type of pass. Mano la den tauuuuu...hehe....

So, we took photos and lingered for a while there, eating our sandwiches for dinner. There was a concert being held at the Wembley Arena, and lots of people came for the concert. It was getting dark, and since I feared that our subway passes wouldn't let us ride the subway, I decided that we should take the bus. After all, I did purchase the all-day bus and tram passes also!

The bus ride back was quite an adventure, too. I couldn't seem to find the right route back to our hotel, because the bus stops at the Wembley area were quite scattered and the routes that each bus took were confusing. I decided to take the one that went directly to the final stop of the area, and then we would take another bus to go back to the city. But, when we arrived at the last stop, there were also different stops for different areas! I thought all buses would stop there, so it would be easy for us to find the right one to take to our hotel. Macam kat Puduraya kan? Haih!

So, after walking about some more (my legs were really killing me at the time), we took a bus. It was about 10pm already at that time. I thought of going to Oxford Street and then we could take a train to Earls Court. But, it was getting late, and I was scared that there would be no more trains when we arrive at Oxford Street. So, when I saw a subway station, I quickly asked my troop to get down so that we could catch the next train.

Alas! The services at that station were already stopped for the day! I could feel the blood draining from my face! Dang!!! And I felt really guilty for having to drag my parents along. If I could feel the pain in my body from the long walks, how would they feel then? Guilty, guilty!

So, I went back to the bus stop, studied the routes, changed to another bus stop, studied again, changed again and finally I saw the correct route that went directly to Earls Court. After waiting for quite some time, the bus came and I felt really, really relieved. Lesson learnt: Do not wander along until late at night if you don't know precisely how to get back to the hotel...hehe...

We all fell asleep as soon as we got ourselves cleaned up...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home