Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My London Adventure Part II

We checked out of the hotel after a meager breakfast at the hotel. This time we took the Bayswater Circle Line and took off to Victoria Station. This time, I bought day travel passes for the 3 of us. Then, we took the bus to Trafalgar Square. Since we all are not museum-liking people, we saved quite a lot of time visiting other places than the museums (London banyak betul museums… and theaters…and we are not theater people, either..hehe..)

While looking at the map, I saw ‘Liberty’ and my mind quickly imagined The Statue of Liberty… And while cracking my head to read the map on how we would get there, suddenly a thought came across my mind.. Statue of Liberty bukan kat US ke? Dang! Haha! Nasib baik tak tanya orang ok? Kalau tak buat malu jer…kakakaka…. Turned out that this Liberty is some sort of a shopping place…hehe…

After Trafalgar, we took the bus to London Tower Bridge. We didn’t get into the tower, or go for a cruise bla..bla…Just taking photos around the area and had our quick lunch there before checking in to the next hotel that I pre-booked before the journey. In case you are wondering why we didn’t stay at the same hotel throughout the trip, well, the answer is, there was a Bank Holiday Monday at the same stretch of our trip, and my guess is many people took the time off to go for a break. So, no hotels could offer us rooms for our 3-night straight stay. Before boarding the subway to Earls Court Station, I saw a signboard showing the London Bridge, so we decided to go for a quick photo session. But halfway throughout the walking journey, I suddenly felt too tired to walk anymore, plus suddenly the signboard to the London Bridge went missing…hehe…so we turned back to the station and boarded the train.

We came out of the station, and again, I tried to use the phone’s GPS…and failed again, miserably. So, I went to ask for direction from a street hawker, and she gave me the direction to the hotel. Quite a descent distance and I was not complaining. When I saw the signboard saying ‘Earls Court Hotel’ I immediately went in to check whether it was the correct hotel since our hotel is Earls Court Studios. I had to knock on the window because the reception seemed pre-occupied with something, and when I asked whether I was in the correct hotel, he just said no. And when asked where was the correct hotel, he just shrugged smugly and said “No idea” Duh!!!

So, we walked further up across the street and voila, the hotel is no more than 30 meters from the first hotel. Kut ye pun competitor…huh! Rang the bell on the door and was greeted by the owner a few minutes later. This was a three-floored apartment converted to a hotel, and there wasn’t even a reception area. Our room was situated at the basement of the apartment, and it was much better compared to the first hotel that we stayed. A descent bathroom, a stove and microwave for cooking complete with all the cutleries, plates, pots and pans, a better TV set, a fridge… At least I felt it was worth the charges. We were given the main door keys (since nobody would open the door for us) as well.

After a quick rest, we went out again. Today we were more determined to cover as much of London as possible. First stop was London Bridge Pier. (London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down…hehe…) Then, we took the subway to Canary Wharf. I think it was the most beautiful station of all the stations that we have been. Here, brokers and executives in tie and blazers flocked around for a drink at the bar near the London Stock Exchange building (sorry, I do not know the name of the building).

(to be continued)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home