Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 18, 2006

Bad news

A couple of days ago, I received a SMS from an old classmate in Uni early in the morning. He informed me that his newly born 2nd son has been diagnosed with a problematic heart condition (hole-in-heart) and is currently admitted in HUKM for observation. I was dumbstruck when I received the news. Told Hubby about it and we decided to visit the poor baby at the hospital the same afternoon.

Prior to the visit, I thought very hard. What gift should I buy for the baby? A toy? He is 2 months old! Food? Formula milk? Fruits? Semua belum boleh consume lagi. Furthermore, I found out from the father that the baby got to use tube for his feeds. I really couldn't think of a suitable gift for him. Nak bagi baju pun macam tak sesuai. In the end, I bought a 'Get-Well-Soon' card. Wrote something inside for baby and parents, hopefully able to give them strength to go through this difficult time. I pray that the baby would be able to read my writings inside the card soon, a remembrance from his battle to fight his illness.

We reached HUKM at about 6pm, and were greeted by his mother, whom is also our classmate from Uni days. (Yes, we married our classmates nowadays...hehe..) Difference is, they got married not long after graduation since they were an item right since Uni days. For Hubby and me, it was a different story. Suffice to say that we met back after a few years of lost contact, and a few different partners. Tu lah yang dikatakan jodoh, kan?

Anyway, the baby slept thoughout our visit. He was so small, with oxygen tube attached to his little nose. He looked healthy. Lips were pink, macam tak ada masalah kesihatan je. The mother pun baru habis pantang tapi had to spend her days in the hospital accompanying her baby. Kesian sangat! But she looked very composed and redha dengan ketentuan Allah. I don't think I could carry myself half as strong as her should anything bad befallen my baby (Nau'zubillahiminzalik). All she said was, "Dah rezeki Allah nak bagi macam ni" God, I admire her courage. Tapi, dalam hati Allah je yang tau kan?

The baby is now constantly under observation. According to his mother, he got 2 holes in the upper and lower side of his left heart the size of 1cm each. Chances of them closing by itself are quite slim as the holes are quite big. Surgery had to wait until his condition is stable (which is unknown when). Even if the surgery was a success, it would still depend on the baby whether he could survive or not. That's the difficulty when babies are diagnosed with illness. It all depends on the baby himself- whether he want to fight, or he would succumb to the illness.

As an adult, a Mummy and a friend, I pray really hard for the best for the baby. And for the parents to be very strong to face this hard time. And to you, the few readers reading this post, please pray for the baby as well, ok?

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's hope for the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home