Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2 bad mornings back-to-back?

Is it the older we get, the less patience we become? I thought it was the other way round? I know that I will turn 29 in 2 days time, but I had 2 bad mornings back-to-back and my patience is getting thinner and may snap any time soon! Or is it PMS? heheh!

This morning, when I sent baby Daniel to the babysitter's house, the babysitter was not in. Her son greeted me on the door. I think he had just finished his SPM exams.

Me: Ummi takde?

He: Takde

Me: Dia pergi kedai ke hantar adik pergi tadika?

He: Dia pergi klinik

Me: (huh?) Pukul berapa dia balik?

He: Tak tau

Me: Sofea ada? (Sofea is the other baby the babysitter is babysitting. She's 3 months older than Daniel)

He: Ada. Kat dalam tengah tidur

Daniel, on the other hand, refused to be handed over to 'Abang'. He kept hugging me instead

Me: Baby pergi kat Abang ya? Mummy nak work ni!

He still refused. I put him on the floor, and he refused to crawl inside. Picked him up again and passed him over to Abang although he protested.

Abang quickly brought him inside and closed the door.

Inside the car, I was debating, whether to leave the house and go to office or wait there until the babysitter comes back. Was beginning to get angry and worried. Suddenly all images and bad stories about babysitters came to taunt me. What if Abang was busy doing something else and neglects Daniel? What if Daniel was accidentally locked in a room or bathroom? What if both Daniel and Sofea throw tantrums? Can Abang handles both of them at the same time? Scary! Scary!

Called Hubby. Hubby asked me to leave her house and go to office. He asked me to call the babysitter to check whether she has come home when I reach office.

I called, and called, and called, but nobody answered the phone. And Hubby kept calling me to check on updates. By 11am, I was panicking! It didn't help that I had an appointment in UM! Half-hearted je jumpa client.

I finally got to speak to the babysitter at about 12 noon! My goodness! Was relieved that she had come back. I thought of getting Abah to go back earlier and pick Daniel up from her house already if she hadn't come home. She said, when she arrived home from the clinic, Daniel cried seeing her. Out of missing her or lapar or terrified of Abang, I didn't know. But I was angry because she didn't inform me earlier that she was going. If she had, I could have come to office a little bit later. Argghh!! I felt drained out of worrying man! Is this another sign of getting old? erk!

5 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger The Momster said...

u should worry, and it's wrong to simply leave 2 infants with an underage boy.

if she needed to go to clinic, then she shouldn't take in any of the kids that day. maybe she didnt want to susahkan the parents, but i still feel it's wrong.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeap..u should be worried. After all news and stories we heard from papers etc.

Berani sungguh ko ye..

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger hani said...

melly and nin,

mmg tak berani sebenarnya nak leave daniel there yesterday...tu yang jadi panicky when nobody answered my phone calls...ingat nak balik dah after the important morning appointment....

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ermm.. apa kata ko hantar anak ko kat aku jer... mesti dia pk aku ni ko.. tapi rumah aku kat wangsa maju laa... hahaha...

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger hani said...

anon,

apa kata ko pindah dekat umah aku? hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home