Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Plagued..and sad...

We've been plagued with sickness lately. First, it was Yusuf Firdaus with high fever for 5 days. Then, Daniel Hafiz got the flu. And as usual, whenever my kids got sick, I would be sick too, although when I got sick, they usually didn't. Which is good, actually, because as you all know very well, taking care of sick children require extra strength and patience, which I do not have whenever I got ill.

And after almost 3 weeks, I still have the remaining of the flu and cough. Maybe the immune system has receded tremendously with the pregnancy, labour and breastfeeding. Which means, I should start taking extra supplements and vitamins. Lucky for me that Mr Hubs came home for a two-week R&R, which means extra hands and more TLC for us.

Hubby went to his new site in KSA yesterday, leaving me alone with the two angels. On the way back home from the airport, Yusuf Firdaus cried inconsolably in his carrier at the back seat of the car. Tried soothing him with the pacifier to no avail. I finally decided to park my car at the side of the highway, switched on the hazard light, went to the back seat of the car, lock the car and BF'ed him there and then. I have never done this in my entire life heheh..

And last night, I have never felt more lonely in my life. Seeing the two boys asleep, I felt loss, helpless and alone in the house. I was also anxiously waiting for Hubby's call to say that the had arrived safely at the new site. Finally fell asleep at about 2 am. He didn't manage to call, but did SMS informing that he has arrived and couldn't get through the line to call me. Alhamdulillah..

And, Yusuf Firdaus was down with fever again. Maybe it's the changing of the month, or he misses his Ayah, I do not know. He has been crying since this morning, and required cuddling every other minute. My back is aching, I didn't get the chance to prepare any meals for myself (lucky Daniel Hafiz was at school) and I felt so tired and frustrated. And there was nobody to share the workload with me. I finally broke down in tears a few hours ago. Just to release the pressure from my aching heart and tired body. Yusuf Firdaus finally fell asleep at about 9.30pm and I finally got the chance to have a proper meal for the day. Alhamdulillah...

I meant to do some paperwork but my eyes are just too tired. Perhaps I should go to bed now and rest before Yusuf Firdaus wakes up for his feeds. Guess the paperwork would have to wait for another day. They have been overdue for many days, anyway..

Well, hoping for a brighter and 'sick-less' day tomorrow, insyaAllah...amin....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home