Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Same old, same old...

Yeah, the stories on quality of services by government officers. I've always excused their bad services because of the lower wages (not really the current situation, given the varied amounts of allowances they get nowadays), attitudes inherited from their seniors and maybe their personal problems or mood swings.

Bad service is one thing. Bad manner is another. Personally, I'd rather face a bad service than a bad manner.

I was having a difficulty with an online application with one of the agencies. There were a lot of pages to be filled, and every now and then they simply change the information needed to be filled. Maybe I was unlucky. My earlier application which was done last 2 weeks was pending approval because of an enquiry, which I didn't know until I checked on the status (it was overdue but nobody bothered to call to inform that it was overdue. Hey! What's the use of filling in the contact details there, eh?) Eventually it was rejected, after I made numerous phone calls to them (getting through to the officers was really, really difficult). The officer told me that she would reject the online application, and I need to submit a new application.

After a week, the old application was still not cancelled on the webpage by the officer, so today I had to make a number of calls again. Finally, it was rejected online, so I submitted my application again. I didn't change any other details apart from the address, but my application couldn't go through because it said that a section in the application is not completed. How strange!!! It went through the last time, but this time it was not completed?

So, I called the support hotline. There were 4 numbers to call: the office in PJ, the office in Putrajaya, the office in Sabah and the office in Sarawak. I called the office in Putrajaya. A lady answered the call, and spoke to me like I was an idiot who did not understand Malay language. No doubt her voice was soft, but the tone was definitely sarcastic! Well, sarcastic tone still sound sarcastic even if you soften your voice, ya? Told her my problem, and told her that my previous application went through but this time didn't when I didn't even amend anything on that field, but as expected, I didn't get any solution. She just told me "Ada yang tak lengkap la tu...Cik tengok la pastu save bla...bla..." I got fed-up, but as usual, I do not like to argue or scold people and create a scene. Just told her that I would try again and put down the phone.

After more tries, I got fed-up because I didn't know what was wrong. So I called the PJ office. Another lady answered the phone. I explained my problem, and she breezed me through on what I should have done. Maybe it was a common problem, because she identified it very quickly. I managed to submit the re-application this time around.

Yes, I understand that you have to answer many, many calls in a day. Maybe they were the same questions over and over again asked by different callers. But, IT IS YOUR JOB!! If you don't like entertaining calls, don't work as support staffs or hotline staffs! It's that simple. Find other jobs that suits your personality more. If you can't find the right job and are stuck in these kind of jobs, well, SUCK UP AND DO YOU JOB WELL OK???

Hadoiiiiii!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home