Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 03, 2009

More bibiks stories

I was never raised by any bibik. It had always been babysitters outside of the house when my parents went working. And by the time my late brother was in primary one, I only went to babysitter's house for half a day because the other few hours till my parents came back from work, I was taken care by my late brother. I was only 3 years old at that time.

My younger sister and brother however, were taken care by the babysitter until they were schooling. Maybe because I started having full day of school (both primary school and sekolah agama) since primary one, so I got no free time to take care of them..hehe.. My late brother went to Terengganu for his secondary school, so yes, nobody could take care of them..hehe..

But I remember the chores that we (both my late brother and I) had to do after morning schools before we went to afternoon schools. Stuffs like clean the dishes, hang the clothes to dry, fold the dried clothes, throw out the garbage, clean up the house and so on. My Mum would write our schedules on a piece of masking tape and paste it next to the main door so that we could always refer to what we were supposed to do at what time.

Now that I come to think of it, no wonder both my late brother and I were so disciplined and independent compared to the other two siblings..hahahaha!

Back to bibiks' stories. I came to know recently that my cousin's bibik would lock the door to the house, leaving her youngest daughter, whom is the same age as Daniel, in the house while she went for a chit-chat with the neighbour's bibiks. And, my cousin didn't know about this until one day, her parents came down from JB for a visit and found out that the daughter was alone and locked in the house! Kantoi big time lah!

My cousin said, when she came here a few years back, she was all alone and suddenly now, she has a lot of relatives here in Malaysia whom she met all the time on her off days, which caused her to come back late at night or some times only the next day! Luckily her permit ends soon, and my cousin couldn't wait to send her back.

A friend's bibik ran away while she was at work, leaving her son (also same age as Daniel) crying alone in the house last year. Luckily her Chinese neighbour found out and called her at work!

I mean, don't these people have hearts or brains? How could you do that to small human beings? These people just don't care about others but themselves. And they were paid to take care of these children!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home