Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Apa punya kawan daa?

Scenario:

You received a phone call from a long-distance friend, who used to be your housemate during Uni years. You haven't seen her in almost 2 years, and have been bad at keeping in touch. She said she is having a business-related matter nearby your place. She would like to meet up with you after she finishes her meeting. You:

1) Jumped at the opportunity to meet her. After all, it has been a while since you last saw her and it's not for you to come over to visit her at her place since she lives far away. You are not sure when would you meet her ever again

2) Shrugged her off. You have other more important matters to attend to, e.g your children and you are too lazy to go out and meet her


I would always choose option 1, unless option 2 is related to matter of life and death. Although I have a family and my life is revolved around them, I still need my friends to be around me. If not everytime, I need them sometimes. Especially when I am having a bad time with my family, I need my friends to talk to. And especially if they have the courtesy to contact me while they are coming to town, I would feel like a moron if I toss them aside.

Sometimes, I get invited to attend parties/kenduri of my friends far, far away.. Well, not as far as I got no other means to get there unless I travel by plane la, kan? Maybe somewhere in Kedah, JB, Penang etc... I have always made it a point to attend, when Allah permits it. Distance is not an issue, really, because it is not like you go there everyday or everyweek. Sekali setahun ke, sekali seumur hidup ke...Apa la salahnya kan? I think, some of us really need to change our mindsets about not meeting friends or attending their invitations because the friend lives far, far away...

Why the sudden ramblings about this scenario? Siapa makan cili, dia lah rasa pedas, kan? Anyway, I think she is not reading this blog, but S, you really hurt me with what you did...So, no more calling you up for meetings la when I come to your town..If you are not that excited to meet me, then I am less than excited to see you, either! Duh!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home