Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

My Raya Open House 2008








Some photos from my open house 2008, held on Deepavali holiday. More on my FB. I hosted a session of open house for my cousins just the day before. So this year, I actually hosted a 2-day, 2-night feast! Sakan betul! hehe... Not to mention a cooking and makan session before that when my Hubby was still at home for a few friends and families a week before that. Am I a kitchen goddess or what? hahahahaha!

Thanks to all who made it. On the open house day itself, my Mum was the great life saver because she actually had to recook the curry mee three times because it was such a hit amongst guests. Last2 sampai santan pun dah habis, so we had to resort to beehoon soup! haha..

Walaubagaimanapun, ada juga senarai jemputan yang telah melukakan hati saya dengan gagal hadir tanpa sebarang sebab mahu pun khabar atau ucapan maaf. Sangat mendukacitakan ok? Terutamanya yang sangat rapat dengan saya sewaktu di universiti dan di sekolah menengah dahulu, yang telah berjanji untuk datang, dan gagal hadir lalu gagal memberi sebarang alasan yang logik dan boleh diterima pakai. Dan juga mereka yang telah diundang tetapi sangat malas untuk membalas SMS dengan sebarang jawapan sama ada akan datang atau tidak (tidak mempunya rasa courtesy langsung..hihi..courtesy cakap Melayu apa ek?) dan tidak menghargai jemputan. Saya telah mengenalpasti anda semua dan nama-nama anda akan digugurkan daripada senarai jemputan untuk acara-acara kelolaan saya di masa-masa akan datang.

I mean, is it too difficult to reply to an invitation? As a courtesy to the host/hostess so that they can budget how much food to prepare? And don't tell me that you do not know what plans you will have on the day, especially if you are going to 'balik kampung'. You don't plan your balik kampung (especially the long distance ones), is it? Why must you wait until the event is over only you'd send the apology sms saying that you balik kampung?

For me, when friends invite me to a certain event, it means that they still remember me. And as a gesture of gratitude for their thoughts, I would try my best to fulfill the invitation. Especially if it's a mean of meeting old friends whom I have never met or heard about in such a long time! What is petrol or toll prices or even distance compared to once in a while meetings? It is not that you do this every single day of your life, kan?

But then again, it's just me. I just don't throw away old friends just as I get new ones..And I also do not ditch my friends when I have already got a family of my own..

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home