Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Daniel at school

Last Wednesday this little king refused to go to school. He slept late the night before, so I was guessing that he was still sleepy. So, I let him ponteng that day. He did cry when I woke him up for school, saying "Nak gi umah atuk, umah nenek!" Hadoi, pagi-pagi nak gi rumah nenek macamana la pulak? Nenek kerja daaa....

The next day, he woke up by himself. And, very early too. So, I prepped him and send him to school. On the way, he said, "Mummy schhol?" Oh by the way, he has started calling me 'Mummy' already (no more Nani, ok?). Told him, "No, Mummy's not going to school. You are going to school."

The other children were at assembly when we reached the school. Daniel insisted that I carry him, so I did. When I wanted to hand him over to his teacher, he began crying! And I was stumped! He had never cried since orientation! Of course I was taken aback by this development after more than a month of schooling!

Standing outside the school compound, I began SMSing his teacher to see whether he had stopped crying. No reply. I was exasperated. Drove off and immediately SMSed the owner of the school as soon as I reached home.

Immediately the owner replied my SMS saying that my baby was fine. And later on, his teacher replied my SMS saying that he stopped crying when she gave him blocks to play with.

He did it again on Friday. No problem waking him up, bathing him etc but as soon as I wanted to hand him over to his teacher, he screamed and wailed "Mummy! Nak Mummy!" And I broke in tears, too! I was confused. Again, I SMSed the owner, expressing my concern. Maybe some other kids were picking on him? The owner replied my SMS saying that Daniel was ok and was in his PE class. But she assured me that she will get Daniel's class teacher to monitor the situation closely.

Oh, I do hope nothing is wrong.

On other development, my baby is more chattier and less afraid of unfamiliar people nowadays. This was one of my goals, and I am happy that he has progressed. He seemed to absorb what he was learning at school quite well. The songs, the counting, the alphabets. I couldn't be more happier. The other day, while I was doing some paperwork for business, he sat on the floor next to my chair and suddenly began, "Ayif, ayif. Ba ba. Ta ta." It took me quite some time to realize that he was actually reciting the Jawi alphabets.. hehe..

One thing that I don't quite like is he has started picking up on the bad habits i.e kicking, throwing things. Oh! It is driving me nuts! And he now has less interest with his used to be Playhouse Disney's favourite shows. More interested in Cartoon Network shows. Now, I don't really like him to watch the show on CN because I think they are more suited to bigger kids. I hate that they have fighting or mean scenes and people in their series. That was why I never introduce him to CN and the likes. Only PHDC. I guess they show CN at school. *sigh*

Let's see whether he will cry again on Monday. Kalau tau cakap, senang sikit nak tanya apa masalah, kan?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LAMA X MAIN NGN BUDAK2. ADIK2 SEMUA DAH BESAR..HEHEHEHE.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

imtiyaz dah few months on cartoon network je because of Ben 10 & Tom and Jerry! hehehe...

but don't worry abt the crying dura... imtiyaz after almost a year baru stop crying tau... n then starts again, siap saja2 pee in his pants n all... it's a phase... when they know they can't get away with it, they'll stop... hehe...

now he looks forward to go to school again! nasib baik! :P

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger hani said...

murni,

nanti boleh la main with ur sis's baby..takpun, why don't you get your own? hehe...kawen la cepat..keke...

nins,

yes, really hoping it's only a phase and it will be passed soon..it really breaks my heart la to see him crying for something that I put him thru..hehe..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home