Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Two weddings....

We were invited to two weddings last Sunday, June 25th 2006. One was my housemate during my uni years and the other one was my ex-schoolmate. Two different venues, two different stories.

My uni housemate decided to bersanding with the lil' bro and his wife. So, there were 2 couples on the dais that day. It was such a joyous occassions and many of our friends turned up for her wedding. It was like a small reunion for us uni mates. The most interesting thing was to see so many strollers aka prams with babies inside them! Well, most of us who attended were married and at least have a baby. I think ours is the most junior of them all. But not the smallest and lightest, mind you...hehe... CKay's baby topped the chart lah, with his yummy thigh...Rasa nak gigit-gigit jer. Enaknya dimakan begitu saja! Afif is 2 months older than Daniel. Hanim's Batrisya is 7 months, but I think she is the smallest... Baby girl la pulak kan...Sure kena maintain weight...keke... Rosham's, Sabrina's, Aty's and Yus' babies had all became toddlers already (and Yus is carrying another one in her invisible tummy- wei you better gain some weight, dear...sian anak ko dalam perut tu..) Eda was also counting the days. Dec 2006 nanti welcome to the club lah. Mala and Engku Intan are next in the list of getting hitched, I hope...hehe...Jangan lupa jemput makan kenduri yer?

Daniel slept thoughout most of the ceremony lepas mengamuk when we had just reached the hall. Mummy was having sore left eye (jangkit dari Daniel la tu). Art looked pretty in red (and also skinny, babe!) All in all, a nice wedding, but I think the chairman screwed up big time...hehe....kelakar sungguh! Mana ko angkut mamat tu Art. Patut kena afundi out tuh!! It ended earlier than scheduled, so we left for the other wedding earlier than planned.

I want to share my thoughts aka dissatisfaction here. Well, I shouldn't have attended this other wedding, actually. Nyesal lak rasanya. Why, you ask? Here's the story:

This ex-schoolmate attended my wedding, so I thought I wanted to return the favor when she finally got married. She invited me to her side's wedding, in Perlis, mind you! When I received the invitation card, I SMS'ed her, thanking her for the invitation, but said that I couldn't possibly attend, given the time and venue of her wedding. I asked her, where is her hubby from, so that I might be able to attend if the venue was closer to home. She replied something like "Bakal hubby orang KL tapi segan nak mintak seat for you kat kenduri belah dia nanti. Kalau tak datang pun takpe. Janji doakan untuk saya, sure sampai punya."

Well, if you were me, what do you feel? I was quite dumbfounded jugak initially, but I thought maybe the hubby's side wedding nanti buat kat hotel etc with limited guests, so I thought, nevermind lah. Tak payah attend lagi senang.

When I finally received her invitation for her hubby's side punya kenduri, it became sort of an obligation for me to attend pulak. So, I attended, though initially my Hubby didn't want to go.

We reached there at about 3.30pm (the invitation stated jamuan makan 12-4pm). I had called her the day before to confirm whether her kenduri had scheduled events like bersanding, potong kek etc but she said tak ada. Just makan-makan saja. We were greeted by her and the mum-in-law, I think at the entrance of the hall. After apologizing for being late because of the other wedding that we attended, we were ushered by the Mum-In-Law to eat.

Guests dah tak ramai masa tu. Banyak empty tables, so we chose one vacant table at the centre of the hall. We took turns to eat, bacause I was holding the sleeping Daniel. The funny thing was, the bride and groom never came to greet us at the table. I saw my groom friend shifting from table to table to chat with the other guests. But they never reached us! Kecik ati ayam den.

Lepas makan, kitorang pun nak blah lah. Sekali lagi tak dipedulikan oleh sesiapa pun. Apa daa.... Out of courtesy, I went to my friend, saying that we were about to leave. She just shook my hand Arab-style. Tapi rasa hambar je...Macam tak happy je jumpa kawan lama. So, apa lagi? Cepat-cepatlah we blah dari situ. Dalam history of me attending friends' weddings, this was the first time that I regret attending.

So, Intan. Tu le citernya...Boring aku thinking back about it.

Look at the pictures. Daniel at both weddings. Yang satu tu anak Rosham tengah ushar baaaik punya!!! hehe...



3 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haa.. aku tahu wedding sapa yg ko maksudkan... seb baik intan tak jadik nak pegi.. sbb kalau dia pegi, aku pun terpegi jugak (w'pun minah tu tak ajak aku). Dan kalau kami terpegi, mahunyer aku amik balik hadiah yg dibawak (in case ada laa hadiahnyer pun... ) hehehehehe........

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger hani said...

haah memang nasib korg baik sbb korg tak pegi...ape daa...jemput cam tak ikhlas jer...aku pun rasa cam nak amek balik je hadiah... mahal plak tu!! (aku plak jadi tak ikhlas) hehe....tapi, dia yg start dulu!!!

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

apadaa.. susah benar nak tinggal komen kt blog ko laa... dah 2 kali aku tulis 2 kali tak appear.. apaa nih.. aku ni dah internet-challenged kaa?? anywayz beb.. aku no komen on that matter... i wasn't there+aku un tak rapat dgn dia.. kot2 aku pg wedding ko n ko buat bolayan jek.. aku pun terase gaks.. anwayzz.. nanti bila aku kawin, aku make sure ko, hubby n babies (by the time aku kawin nanti ko dah beranak 3-4) i'll five u first class service n treatment k!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home